Saturday, March 10, 2018

Lockdown Bar & Grill -- The Verdict

Finnish death metal *and* a burger?  What's not to like?  Well, there were some things not to like, not that any complaints could be heard over the Marilyn Manson montage.  Despite the prison theme and some interesting combination options, our detractors thought the burger lacked flavor.  Wrote one reviewer:  "This prison themed dive aesthetic was better than the burger. A relatively unseasoned burger, accentuated by a lack of moisture make this bid a little too long for me. I suppose though, this is homage to its incarcerated heritage. Unlike an actual visit down the river, the service here was terrific. The menu is amazing. The combos are great, in theory, but not unlike rehabilitation, they are only aspirationally wonderful. If sentenced to dine at Lockdown, go in the evening, and after you’ve had several cocktails." Another: "While not rising to the level of shocking the conscience, I am sad, sad, sad bc my medium super merkts stuffed extravaganza burger turned out to be merely a medium rare plain burger with fried something sprinkles on the top. Yummy if somewhat burned fries. Please make the music stop. All in all: deliberate indifference."  Not that there weren't some fans:  "I’m biased because I was already a repeat Lockdown customer. It’s a bold, Kuma’sesque burger accompanied by metal tunes. This go was a little muddled though, I must say. My burger was delicious but I couldn’t really discern the beef from the overpowering chorizo. Top notch fried egg. But overall a little too messy. And the wait was excessive, with misfires in the execution all around, which just left the impression that we had the kitchen’s B team today. I know this place can do much better, so it’s a bummer. Insert sad face."  Still, we suspect the Heinz ketchup had been replaced with an off-brand, in some Shawshank-like shenanigan of the warden's choosing.  Low of 68; high of 84; average of 74.

No comments:

Post a Comment